The great joy and view that comes from owning a grow room cannot be overemphasized, the feel of nature growing so close to you and you being involved with the biological changes and growth that comes with plants. Taking care of a grow room is like taking care of one’s baby. They need utmost care and attention because we’re cultivating them in a place far away from their actual habitat.
You can check out this post on Best Grow Tent Ventilation Kit
And also this post on Best 4×4 Grow Tents
Because of the needs of these plants, a lot of people decide to use LED grow rooms; however, in using these LED grow rooms, people often think using standard sunshade glasses will be enough to protect their eyes because shades protect the eyes from the UVR that comes with from the sun. We believe that regular sunglasses can save us from these UVR rays, but LED grow room emit UVA rays that are more dangerous to the eyes than the sun. Health matters and so using specialized LED grow room glasses is the best choice to make.
Check out this post about Best COB LED Grow Lights
Check out this post also Best LED Grow Light Stands
According to The American Optometric Association, UV light can cause various harmful effects, short-term and long-term. But regardless of how long or short the periods are, protecting oneself against these harmful effects is vital.
Grow room glasses help shield your eyes from UVA rays without hindering your vision but rather enhances the view when working with grow room lights. Aside from protecting your eyes, grow room glasses also help inspect the plants in your grow room. In a way, it helps in detecting any form of discoloration or other problems on your plants. Lenses in these glasses are designed to help protect your eyes from lighting systems such as LED(light-emitting diode), HPS (high-pressure sodium), and CMH (ceramic metal halide. When using a LED grow room, using LED grow room glasses is the best pick. These glasses are made with small chips that are meant to produce a range of colors, which means you get to pick the color of your choice. Factors to be considered while considering a perfect LED grow room glasses to choose as we all have various tastes and specifics; however, essential things to consider are:
- Frame fit: it is essential to pick a glass that fits your face perfectly. So while searching for a grow room glass, you have to ensure the one you select would not slip from your face while you’re working in your grow room.
- Frame material: while choosing a glass, you should consider the materials used to make the glasses of your choice. If you will be more comfortable with wearing one made from rubber or plastic.
- Protection from harmful light: whatever glasses you choose should, in all its function, protect you from damaging rays. You’re buying a glass to protect your eyes, and it should give your eyes that protection.
- Lens ability to correct color: The glasses picked should provide the function of converting colors of the room.
- Lens compatibility with lighting system: The lens of your proposed glasses should be compatible with the lightening system in your grow room. You cannot get an HPS glass for a room with LED lighting
The Best 7 Grow Room Light Grow Room Glasses Are Reviewed Below
After much research and thorough review, we have compiled a list of the best LED grow light grow room glasses for you; below is the list of the best-LED Glasses reviewed by us to help save your time from extensive research on which brand to buy.
VIVOSUN Indoor Hydroponics LED Grow Room Glass
The VIVOSUN indoor hydroponics LED grow room glass is a top-notch among this list; from its name, it shows it is excellent for hydroponics. With its fantastic quality of blocking UVA & UVB rays emitted from the grow room lightening, this particular brand is designed to reduce eye strain, thereby giving you a great view of your grow room and its environs while you’re working in your grow room.
Protecting your eyes is crucial, and that is what the VIVOSUN indoor hydroponics grow glass is designed to give you, that excellent protection you need while you work in your grow room under these LED lightings. It is suited for LED lightening systems and has met the ANSI Z87+ and CSA Z94.3 safety standards. This product doesn’t only give you that protection; it is also very lightweight, with 180 degrees of distortion-free; it also has an unrestricted vision that makes checking your plants in your grow room very convenient.
The lens of this particular product is made of Glass, which makes it very convenient to see through; the lens is also designed in a wrap-around manner such that it provides a very close face coverage that makes the edges of your eyes not show at the sides. With this grower’s specially designed gear, you not only have safety but also have comfort and clarity while working and, as a plus, can be worn regular sunglasses outside of the grow room
- 180 degrees of distortion-free
- Excellently built for hydroponics
- Wrap-around design for full-face covering
- Block UVA & UVB rays
- Enhances views and reduces eyestrain
- The lens is made from glass
- Lens glass comes in the color green and blue
- ANSI Z87+ and CSA Z94.3 standards
- Designed for use under LED lighting systems
- Filter away most harmful rays
- Excellent for hydroponics and a wide range of LED lighting system
- Protects your eyes from UCVA & UVB rays.
- Lightweight hence can be used with so much comfort
- Has a nine base and is designed to wrap around the eyes region for superior eyes protection
- Has an enhanced view of the grow room and prevents eyestrain
- The sides are a little too tight, and caution needs to be taken while wearing it
- For someone with bad eyesight, it is recommended to wear your recommended glasses
- The sides are made of very cheap plastic
Happy Hydro (LED) Grow Room Glasses
Happy Hydro LED grow room glass is one with polarized lenses, with an excellent design for blocking UVA, UVB, and UVC rays. With an aviator-style protective body case design, it can be used by both small and large-scale growers. The green lenses come with help to filter wavelengths and give optimum protection from LED lights.
Using Happy Hydro LED grow room glass does not interfere with your vision nor the clarity of your view; it instead optimizes your image with so much depth that you do not miss any detail on your plants; with its carefully designed lenses, the user can spot a change in the plants. You will be able to make out mites, mold, nutrient deficiencies, males, Hermes, and several other deficiencies before they advance into serious problems that might ruin your efforts.
The frame of this particular design is built so that it is ultra-lightweight, made of aluminum which fits comfortably. The Happy Hydro LED grow room glass has a nosepiece that rests gently against the skin, which will not slip off during your works in your grow room under hot and sweaty conditions. The Happy Hydro glass has an FDA certification; the lenses are Strong and comes with a sturdy case for storing and traveling.
- Built for protection from HPS&LED lightening
- Lightweight aluminum build
- Soft plastic Nosepieces to fit firmly
- Aesthetic aviator design
- The hard and sturdy shell case
- FDA certified
- Protection from UVB, UVC, and UVA
- Aluminum built
- Green lenses
- The lightweight aluminum frame can be carefully bent to fit the head
- Provides a clear and well-defined vision of your plant
- Can spot out issues such as nutrient deficiencies on your plant
- Protects your eyes from harmful UV rays
- Comes with a strong case for safekeeping and for traveling.
- No side-eye protection
- The nose piece can hurt if worn for too long
- A person with an already eye defect would have to wear a prescribed glass
- Some plant defects might appear the same.
iPower Hydroponics glasses
The iPower hydroponics glasses are a high-class indoor protective hydroponics glass built for various hydroponic grow room lights, especially our widely used LED lighting systems. They are designed to have 100% UV blocking property to alleviate glares and reduce eyestrains caused by harsh lighting while working in the grow room.
The iPower glass brand is also designed with a wrap-around feature that gives you comfort while working long hours in the grow room. This brand also lets you see the actual color of the various issues that might come up on the plant. Different UV lights cause further damages to the eyes; however, owning and using an iPower grow room glass guarantees you well-protected eyes. This brand also comes with very comfortable nose pads to prevent the glass from slipping off while working in the room.
- Meets the safety standards of ANSI Z87+ and CSA Z94.3
- Wrap-around feature to cover all eyes region
- Provides 100% UV blocking
- Super lightweight for long time usage
- Easy fold hinge
- Brand: IPower
- Style: Grow Room Glasses
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 3.1 x 2.3 inches
- Lens Coating: UV Protection Coating
- Gives great comfort while working for long
- Improves views
- Reduces eyestrain
- Nose piece for firm fitting
- Protects the eyes from the wavelength of lights
- It cannot be worn over prescription glasses
- Effective for intense lights
- Can be too firm a large face
Apollo Horticulture Grow Room LightGlasses
The Apollo Horticulture Grow Room Light Glasses is another known brand to provide the safety needed for the intense LED lighting in the grow rooms. Apollo is a high-class indoor hydroponics protective glass designed to work in a variety of hydroponics grow lights. It comes with the most preferred green lenses, which have met multiple safety requirements and allow you to focus on your plants, and is very helpful while using HPS, MH, and LED lighting systems.
Plants love hydroponic lights, but these lights are dangerous to our eyes, so rather than work in your grow room with your eyes getting tired and hurting, this brand helps protect your eyes. It provides optimum eye protection from the UV rays from these lights while protecting your eyes from strains, wavelengths, glares, and reflections. Most importantly, it also alleviates the pains that come from working under these harsh lights, which help you focus on your plants rather than worry about the pests of working with LED lights.
The Apollo Horticulture glass is designed with a wrap-around feature covering your eyes region to prevent some lights from sipping through the sides of your eyes. This brand is most definitely lightweight, which means it does not become a severe obstruction on your face while working in your grow room. The glasses fit close to your face and do not come off while working or obstruct views.
- Offers full eye protection from UVR and UVA
- Designed with all-around protection
- Lens is green
- Brand: Apollo Horticulture
- Dimensions: 7.1 x 3.6 x2.3 inches
- Lens color: Green
- Weight: 1.44 ounces
- Meets the safety standard of ANSI Z87+ and CSA Z94.3
- Exceptional customer service
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Bonus complimentary glass pouch
- Do not block IR
- It cannot be worn with prescribed glasses
Method Seven Operator Grow Room Light Glasses
Method Seven is known as the WORLD’S FIRST OPTICS optimized for LED lighting environments, and it provides exceptional color balancing while working under LED lights in the grow room. Method Seven’s lenses are manufactured by CARL ZEISS VISION, a top manufacturer in the vision business. These lenses are asymmetrical to eliminate the obstructions that come with wearing eyewear with a curved lens. These lenses are made from LED polycarbonate and are durable, very lightweight, color corrective, and optimum LED protective. This brand comes with a flash silver coating that provides a mirrored look and shields the eyes from excess light.
Method seven grow room glass provides you clarity of vision, excellent color presentation, and excellent UV protection that benefits you and your plants. It also helps you spot molds, diseases, and discoloration of your plants while protecting you from eye strain, headaches, and dizziness. These constant use of LED lights in the grow room can result in your eyes developing cataracts and burns, but this can be protected using Method Seven Grow Light Grow Room Glasses.
- 100% UV protection
- Silver plus+ coating
- Swiss engineered TR-90 thermoplastic
- Custom-fit frame
- CARL ZEISS LED polycarbonate lenses
- Brand: Method Seven
- Dimensions: 6.2 x 5.6 x 1.7 inches
- Weight: 0.634 ounces
- Do not peel, chip, or fade like cheap plastic
- Comes with a microfiber pouch
- Mirrored design with an anti-glare feature
- Prescribed glasses do not fit in
- A little too tight
- Too flexible with rubbery body
Derlights Hydroponics Indoor Grow Light Glasses
Like every of our listed best grow light grow room glasses, The Derlights hydroponics indoor grow room glasses are designed with green lenses. Green lenses have been certified to be the best color of lenses to protect your eyes from UV rays. Interestingly Derlight glass lens comes with a complete color correction for the Phyto-Genesis Spectrum, allowing you to see your LED lightened grow room like it would look outside in natural daylight.
Derlight is designed with scratch-proof and impact-resistant material from polycarbonate and does protect your eyes from the sides, thereby giving you protection from rays that might try to sip through the edges like it would in a regular glass. It not only protects your eyes from infrared wavelengths, excessive glaring, and object reflection, but it also gives you complete blocking from all UVA and UVB rays that cause eyestrains and headaches.
Prolonged exposure to LED lights, as known, can cause tremendous health issues to your eyes; Derlights Grow Room Glasses are designed to help prevent these defects from ruining your vision. While buying a Derlight Grow room glasses, the whole package comes with; 1 Derlights glasses, one glasses case, and a user manual to help guide you during your use of the product.
- Complete color correction
- Views are as natural daylight
- Impact resistance and scratch proof
- 100% UV blocking
- Reduces eyestrain
- Material: polycarbonate
- Brand: Derlights
- Dimension: 5.59 x 1.69 x 1.69 inches
- Weight: 140g
- Lens color: Green
- Good for beginner growers
- Pocket friendly for those who cannot afford other designs
- Offer protection from UV rays
- One year warranty All Inclusive
- Due to its price, it seems to made from a cheap plastic
- It cannot be worn with prescribed glasses
Esbaybulbs LED Grow Room Glasses
Growing plants indoors while using an LED lighting system can be very strenuous for the eyes; hence Esbaybulbs was designed to help protect your eyes from such strains and block all the UVB and UVA rays from LED lights. Esbaysbulbs color correction is quite exquisite, as it was built with green lenses to correct the blue and red color that comes from the LED grow room lights.
This particular brand is designed with a UV 400 pro lens that works against UVA. UVB.UVC and IR rays, while doing this it protects the eyes from wavelengths that come with them. The Esbaybulbs also has a wrap-around frame covering the eyes region, completely shielding the eyes from little light rays that might want to sneak from the sides. This design is also lightweight, making it very comfortable to wear during your works in your grow room and provides comfort, making the eyes relax.
- Optimum color correction
- Green lenses
- UV 400 Pro lens
- Wrap-around body design
- Brand: Esbaybulbs
- Dimensions: 21.2 x 9.6 x 9.6
- Weight: 180 grams
- Material: Glass, Polycarbonate
- Resistant and scratch proof
- Protect from all UV lights
- Optimum color correction
- It cannot be worn with prescribed glasses
Buying Guide Questions
Here, we have put together the frequently asked questions on LED lights in grow rooms and LED Grow Room Glasses.
Do I need glasses for my Grow room?
YES, It would be best if you had glasses for your Grow Room; working in the grow room for a prolonged time can be very strenuous to your eyes due to the UV rays emitted from the grow room lights. These UV rays can harm your eyes and weaken your eyesight, so you should get glasses to prevent that.
Do you need glasses for LED Grow lights?
The UV rays emitted from the LED grow lights are very dangerous for the human eyes due to their high intensity and wavelength; hence it is essential to use glasses while working in the grow room. Health is wealth, as it is often said.
What is the best brand of LED grow room glasses?
Everyone has different tastes in objects and brands; this article can help you make a pick that fits your taste and needs.
Can LED grow lights damage your eyes if you don’t use specialized glasses?
Like every other time of grow lights, LED lights are very concentrated and can cause eye strain, dizziness and headaches; they are also said to cause cataracts for the eyes. These specialized glasses are designed in such a way that they help you block the rays that comes from LED grow lights while still giving you an unobstructed view of your plants.
Can grow lights cause cancer?
Most grow room lights contain UVA and UVB, which are dangerous to humans, and UV rays can cause cancer from prolonged exposure
Can you tan under LED grow lights?
LED grow lights are designed to provide the plants light as the sun would; however, the LED lens light emits a very high intensity and wavelength that could pose as dangerous to human beings.
LED lights are necessary for the proper nurture of your plants indoors, but as this is beneficial for these plants, they affect your health. However, these health hazards can be corrected by the use of LED grow light grow room glasses. They are designed to help protect your eyes from going bad from tending to plants indoors in a grow room. Choosing one that works for you is essential; this is why we have compiled this list to help you pick the Best Grow Light GrowRroom Glasses that suit your needs and pocket.