The legal acceptance of cannabis in some regions has led to the increased curiosity of individuals as to what options are available. Among these options is the THC, scientifically known as tetrahydrocannabinol. This article will discuss what THC is, what THC oil is, how to extract THC oil and some benefits of THC oil.
What is THC?
THC, otherwise known as tetrahydrocannabinol, is a natural compound found in cannabis plants. It is the primary psychoactive, mind-altering compound that cannabis consumers derive or get into their body system when they smoke cannabis, vape it, brew it as tea, or mix it with food. THC has a molecular structure of; 2 oxygen atoms, 21 carbon atoms, and 30 hydrogen atoms. It is chemically equivalent to the endocannabinoids in the human body. Due to its chemical structure, THC can interact with the cannabinoid receptors in the body system.
What is THC Oil?
THC oil is a fluid formula produced by using various extraction methods to pull resins or concentrates from cannabis plants. THC oil can be produced using different available oils such as coconut oil, olive oil, vegetable oil, or butter. THC oil may contain a higher level of THC than regular cannabis flower, depending on the extraction method.
How to Extract THC Oil from Cannabis
It is no doubt that the cannabis industry has experienced some level of growth. And with this growth comes an increased understanding of THC extraction. In fact, it has transformed into a field of science filled with many experts. As of now, there are various techniques for extracting THC oil. Let’s discuss some of them, starting with the simplest.
• Mash the dry cannabis plant into tiny pieces. Spread the mashed pieces on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
• Pour one or more cups of oil inside the pot depending on the quantity of THC oil needed and heat until the oil melts.
• Add 7-10 grams of mashed cannabis to one cup of melted oil and stir gently.
• Apply low heat and continue heating for 30 to 60 minutes (stir occasionally). If available, use a temperature reader to check and maintain the oil temperature at below 200°F.
• After 60 minutes, turn off the cooker and filter out the oil from the cannabis fibers with a cheesecloth into a glass bowl. The oil will be hot, so be careful and squeeze gently. On another note, you can leave the cannabis fibers in the oil (Fibers help scrub the digestive system).
• The strained oil has become THC oil and is ready to be used. Store your THC oil in a glass container with a tight lid and keep it in a cool place.
For water extraction, fill your cooking pot with water using a desired measurement based on the quantity of oil you need and the cannabis plant available. After that place, the cannabis plant in your water-filled cooking pot and butter or oil, then gently heat it on a cooker. Once it starts bubbling at the sides (before it reaches a full boil), lower the heat and put a heat distributor between the burner and the pot, then cover the pot and cook for a recommended period of 18 hours to achieve a full extraction. But if 18 hours is not possible, cook for as long as you can. After the cooking is done, separate the THC oil from the water and plant fibers with a good filter such as a French coffee press or something similar. Alternatively, you can perform a cold-press process. To do this, filter out the cannabis plant and leave the liquid in the pot to cool down. When it has cooled down, place the pot inside the refrigerator to solidify the THC oil. Once it solidifies, carefully bring out the solidified fat and discard the water. Voila! Your THC oil is ready.
Benefits Of THC Oil
THC oil reduces acne, wrinkles, and fine lines and also helps to balance natural skin oils. It can be used as an analgesic; that is, it can be used to reduce pain.
THC oil can as well be consumed in different ways. It can be consumed through vaping or dabbing, and with the correct measurement, can be added to meals. You can spread it on a slice of bread, use it for baking or swallow it (just like licking honey). It takes time to feel the THC effect present in THC oil, so be careful not to overdose.
THC oil is another way of enjoying cannabis, especially when used responsibly. It is an excellent alternative for those who don’t want to smoke cannabis for one or a few couple reasons. This article has discussed THC oil, its benefits, and how to extract THC oil at home. Take your time to read through the extraction process above and make your THC oil.