Over the years, cannabis has continued to progress and improve many aspects of our lives. It ranges from cooking, recreational use, therapy, pain management to relief from various symptoms. Many people are in awe of its beneficial effects to manage anxiety and depression; honestly, these cannabis plants can become so many things. And today, we will be talking about another wonder that smoking weed can bring, and that is better sex. Yes, you have read it right; there are also great marijuana strains that can help you boost your romantic and intimate moments and if you want to know more, then read on.
Marijuana and arousal – The science behind
Cannabis has long been used to increase libido and improve sex life in many different parts of the world. Many people have also claimed that the consumption of cannabis can increase orgasm among women and decrease inhibitions. A professional sex therapist suggests that cannabis can be effective in improving sexual experience and intimacy. CB1 receptors in our endocannabinoid system, which can be activated by cannabis, can also play an essential role in promoting general euphoria and the improvement of sensations.
Choosing the perfect marijuana strain to help you get aroused and improve your sex life will be mainly dependent on the right sativa-indica balance that will suit you best. Sativa has been known to help you open your mind to a wide range of sexual possibilities, and indica has been proven to heighten one’s sensations. That is why it is relatively vital to choose the right strain with the right blend for you.
Smoking weed and Sex – Tips and tricks to make it right
Before we proceed to discuss the best weed strains for sex, we would like to share some tips to achieve optimal effects and make the most out of your chosen cannabis strain.
- Never smoke too much and do not overdose. It is important to note that the more high or stoned you get, the less functional you will be, which is applicable during intimate moments and sex. Always use cannabis in moderation.
- Safety is always first. When using cannabis, avoid engaging in high-risk behavior and always remember to practice safe sex and prioritize consent.
- It is a good idea to try out the cannabis strain prior to having sex to make sure that you chose the right one. Having an idea of how your body will react and be familiar with the method of consumption as well. You would not want to feel anxious, nauseous, or couch-locked if you are planning to be intimate with your partner.
- Preparing a lube will also help since cannabis is very much known to cause dryness of the mucus membranes, and that can include the vagina as well.
Best weed strains for different types of sex and sensations
If you worry about pain
Pain can be common during sex if you are not comfortable; however, there is evidence that cannabis can provide pain relief, therefore, easing you into a better sexual experience. Here are some strains that you should try if you worry about pain during sexual intercourse:
- Zkittlez, indica-dominant hybrid.
- G13, indica strain.
- Harlequin, sativa-dominant strain.
- Cannatonic, low THC and high CBD combination.
If you are prone to anxiety
Nobody wants to feel very anxious every time you try to be intimate with your partner, right? But there is no need to worry since cannabis has long been proven to be effective in reducing anxiety. You can significantly improve your sex life if you are more relaxed and less anxious, and here are the top strains that you should be trying:
- Skywalker OG Kush, which is an indica dominant hybrid.
- Bubba Kush, which is an indica strain.
- Blueberry Lamsbread, which is a sativa-dominant hybrid.
- Kosher Kush, which is an indica.
Want to try something new
If you both want to step out of your comfort zone when it comes to intimacy and sex, there is no need to worry since there is anecdotal evidence that specific strains can help. These are the strains that can effectively lower your inhibition and significantly boost your confidence.
- Granddaddy Purple, an extremely famous indica.
- Trainwreck, a very potent sativa-dominant hybrid..
- Atomic Northern Lights, which is an indica-dominant hybrid.
- Blue Dream, a sativa dominant hybrid.
For high-energy and intensity
If you want to enjoy some enthusiasm, some strains can provide you with the energy you need. You will be able to achieve this by using these strains but, of course, with the proper dosage and consumption.
- Cheese Quake.
- Super Lemon Haze, a citrusy sativa.
- Green Crack, a sativa.
Relaxing and passionate
There may be times when you just want to spend a very relaxing yet passionate moment with your significant other, and we have just the right cannabis strains for you. Make sure that you consume the correct dose to ensure the right level of chill. Here are some relaxing strains:
- Master Kush
- Mr. Nice.
- Animal Cookies.
- Bubble Kush.
Enhance sensitivity to touch
Indeed, there are several strains that can significantly increase sensitivity to touch and can improve tactile sensations. You would love to be sensitive to touch if you are having some intimate moments with your partner, and these strains can significantly help you with some erogenous play and give you the tingles.
- Bubblegum Kush.
- Sour Diesel.
Is it a good idea to use edibles?
Experts say that using edibles might not be a great idea if you plan to consume cannabis because they tend to be a lot slower, and effects can be unpredictable. Edibles still need to pass through your gastrointestinal tract or your digestive system before they take effect. Many factors can be involved in the course of action of your edibles and how fast they kick in, and that includes your BMI, food consumption, metabolism, among others.
If you choose to take edibles, the chances are that you and your partner will peak at different times, have sex long before you can feel anything, or end up consuming a dose that cannot provide optimal effects.
You can use other THC or CBD products to spice up your sex life. You may be able to use a THC or CBD infused lube, cannabis suppositories, and THC or CBD massage oils.
When using cannabis, it is vital that you never overdo it. There are tons of evidence that weed and sex can go perfectly together. And being able to use cannabis for sex is ultimately a very personal experience that can be determined by how cannabis will interact with your chemical composition, environment, as well as perception. More importantly, it is crucial that you are with a partner that you can trust, and you are in a situation that can feel safe, consensual, and comfortable. Taking an extra effort to make cannabis usage as much as a part of your sexual experience will definitely make the sensations more intense. We genuinely hope that this post has helped you find the best strain to fit best your desired type of sex and the sensations you want to achieve.